Thursday, May 8, 2014

Single Parents & Get Results Quick Schemes

I have been doing a lot of Personal Development here lately. Some of it has been reading a book by John Maxwell with my team of beachbody coaches and some has been on my own during the long drives I have taken for certification. You can listen to a book or two on a 12 hour drive.

So what have I learned from all of this? Something I knew but maybe needed driven home to me more by these great authors and motivators. There are NO, none, nada, Get Results Quick Programs out there to build wealth or lose weight or find your Prince Charming or Princess for you single dads out there.

As Single Parents we are strapped for time and sometimes strapped for cash. When we want something for ourselves or maybe even our kid(s) we want to in the least amount of time possible and for the least amount of money too.  How many companies are out there today that promise you that you can make $500 in the first month or week all by and/or using and promoting their products?  On the same note, how many companies are out there that say here take this pill, drink this drink or wrap your body to get toned sexy abs or booty without changing your lifestyle any and no exercise is required? You can see results in as little as 48 hours. I mean really folks, how gullible has our society become?  I don’t have to work hard, I can eat all the junk food I want and never get off the couch but I can make $500 a week and look like a model.

Well sorry to tell you the bad news but most of us know that this isn’t true. However there are a few of you out there that fall for every get results quick schemes that come along.

At this point you might be saying, “Hey aren’t you a Beachbody Coach? Don’t they sell a Shake that helps you to lose weight and exercise DVDs that say you can get results as in little as 25 minutes a day?”
I am an Independent Team Beachbody Coach.  Beachbody does have a shake, they do offer all kinds of exercise programs that vary in length, but no where do we say you don’t have to work for what you want. Being a Coach is a business. It gives me the opportunity to own my own business, set my own hours and make an unlimited amount of income based on the amount of effort that I put into the business. It allows me to help other people reach their fitness goals and it holds me accountable to mine even though I fall off track from time to time, I am always working for my goals.

I do get frustrated from time to time on all aspects of it. I am not losing weight quick enough, I am not making a ton of money after a year of being a coach, though I only really only started working my business in the middle of June. I see friends that have joined other network marketing companies moving up in ranks and from what they say making a good income. But what really bothers me is that some of these companies are the Get Results Quick Schemes that no one can sustain for a lifetime and to be honest how healthy are they? Would we have an Obesity epidemic in the United States if everyone could take a pill a day or wrap your body to really lose weight? Sure you may see results for a little while but once you stop whatever you are doing the weight will come right back on.

The only real way to earn a living or get healthy is to Work for it! You have to work hard at your job or business, eat clean and healthy and exercise in some fashion every day.


“The dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Hard Work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you’re willing to pay the price.” –Vince Lombardi

No comments:

Post a Comment