Thursday, May 8, 2014

Day 9 and Cravings 2013 Ultimate Reset

         
I may have slept for 8hrs 19 mins but the 6x I was restless well those were probably the times I was having some crazy dreams about food. Yes I dreamed about food. Steak, Potatoes, Triple layer chocolate cake and a big glass of milk! Totally crazy!


Today was very easy for me to get up. It seems that the 8 hours of sleep totally agreed with me.
Breakfast: I wasn’t so sure about breakfast. Miso Soup, Chickpeas and a slice of avocado. The Chickpeas and Avocado I could do again but the Miso Soup I can so do without. I can not get it to taste like what I am used to from the local Sushi Places.


By lunch I was getting hungry and looking forward to my lunch date with one of my BFFs and then my red beans and rice when I got back. Now how can you eat out on the Reset? Well it isn’t easy and I have only found 1 or 2 places that you can. We go to Ruby Tuesday’s because it is right down the road. There I can get a salad bar and have my microgreen salad with some grilled veggies on it because some of that stuff and still can’t eat raw though it is slowly getting to me. I have now had cucumbers 2 times. You must understand. The only way I eat cucumbers is as pickles. Well I had a nice lunch with my friend and headed back to work looking forward to my red beans and rice but I was half full or more. I measure everything like the reset said and man it seems like a ton of food!! After eating my red beans and rice I really could have curled up in my chair at work and taken a nap.

Today I have been craving Chocolate and a Cup of Coffee with some Pumpkin Spice creamer. I resisted but ended up have a cup of Green tea with Jasmine. The next thing I knew it was time for that nastly little green supplement of stuff. Even after 9 days it still doesn’t not taste better

For Snack I had plan greek yogurt with cinnamon, honey, blueberries and strawberries. Now that is some good stuff. I am really looking forward to dinner tonight.

Well I arrived home to find my grandmother was looking for something to cook the family. I was going to offer to make enough sweet potato and red pepper bisque for everyone but she made the one thing that made me almost have to leave the kitchen, spaghetti! Let me just say that while being on the reset for 9 days now I have learned a few things about myself.  1) When I cook I taste test a lot. I may know my portions but from tasting I probably had 1.5 times the amount I should have of something. 2) When I am cooking if there is a bag of chips or cookies open I tend to reach for them if I am cooking something you can’t taste along the way. 3) Spaghetti noodles sitting in front of me are just a bad thing. Grab you a fork and pull you out a few and eat while you are waiting on the sauce to get ready. I didn’t have any spaghetti but you can sure as bet as soon as everyone had their plate fixed I put all the leftovers up. Out of site and out of mind.

Dinner: Well I started getting everything ready for the soup and right before I put it in the blender I started to think I was missing something. My Asparagus! I totally forgot to put it on to cook. No problem though. A Little bit of Olive oil, almonds and onions and they started cooking just nicely. Dinner was just great. I loved the soup and I am looking forward to having it for lunch tomorrow. However I followed the recipe and doubled it but man on man does it seem like a lot of soup? It made a really big bowl of it.

Today I am still really achy. The detox supplement I was so worried about really isn’t that bad but my whole body aches like the flu. I can’t say it is like I exercised because that is a deeper pain. Time for a nice warm Epson salt bubble bath.. Now where is the Wine? It is a fruit right?

No comments:

Post a Comment