Friday, May 9, 2014

Iron Tribe and Paleo Living


On February 24, 2014 I went to a Try the Tribe workout..... Run, Squats, Situps, Kettlebell swings, run... Say What!!!!!

I have been working out off and on for a past year or so at home, but really had no idea how out of shape I was! Yeah it was bad... but at the same time I Loved it! This is my type of workout. I work out better in a group when I have not only time to compete against but other people. Sure we may not being doing the same weights, but finishing last is not something I am good at. Well at least this is how I start off at Tribe.

In the first month of Tribe I  learned how to eat properly on the Paleo Lifestyle. Cutting out diary wasn't really that hard for me because I have been drinking almond milk for a few years now. I did however eat yogurt a good bit. After only 4 week at tribe I was down 6 inches even though my weight had stayed the same. I decided to add back in a few things, rice and tortillas. Bad idea. I learned quickly that my body did not like these things. As most people go after about 6 weeks I had started settling into my old ways. Ice cream, Yogurt, Stuff Crusted pizza from pizza hut you name it.. Oreos too!!

Well enough is enough. On the First of May I had a realization. Things had to change. It was time for me to totally commit. I was getting stronger at Tribe but my body weight was going no where. Food is my real enemy!! So for the last 4 days, going on 5 now I have really tighten in my food.. Here is what I have been eating.




I feel so much better!!!

This week in Tribe I hit a new PR for Back Squats 185# at a 3RM. 
I also ran for the first time more then 400m. 800m in 6:38mins

#whyitribe


No comments:

Post a Comment