Thursday, May 8, 2014

Day 4 Emotions Set it 2013

Day 4 Emotions Set it     

Thursday.. Day 4, I woke up feeling a little uneasy and it was harder to get up this morning than any other day on the reset so far. I am starting to put to and to together on days that I feel like this and think I have it narrowed down to one key trigger. As I prepared for the day things got better. I just needed to get out of bed and get rid of that feeling. Ever since my divorce from my children’s father I have suffered from anxiety. Some of it is from past experiences and other is total pressure I put on myself. Really who should be trying to raise two boys as a single mom, working a full time job and trying to grow 3 businesses of their own? At some point in my life I am going to slow down, well maybe.




I also did the one thing I said I would not do! I weighed! My stomach is feeling tighter and I feel lighter so I weighed.. 2-3 pounds down.. Not bad! I will not weight again until Saturday afternoon. My plan was originally only to weight in once a week. I caved today and Saturday I am doing it because my man is taking me to a Halloween party one of his friends is throwing and there will be food and drinks I am sure. I want to stay on track so I figure that will be the best way! It will be hard for me. It is a social event and the first time I am meeting his friends. Yeah I am going to be coined the weird girl who brought her own food and water to the party! I did ask him if he would tell them beforehand because I don’t want to see like a stuck up little women and of course he was like sure… I am going to tell them you are just a very stuck-up picky eating and wasn’t sure what they would have or if I would eat it. You would have to understand his personality to know that this is so something he would say and it would be taking in a funny way. Of course I have my come back ready.

So with one kid away on a field trip the house was really quiet. I got the littlest ones lunch ready and started preparing my food for the day. This will be bad for me to admit, but I am supposed to do lunch with a friend so I didn’t pack what was on the menu for lunch today (Nori Rolls with Tempeh and Veggies, Lentil-Lime Salad and a Microgreen salad with no nuts). We are supposed to go to a local Sushi place that I know makes things fresh and has the organic brown rice, However I did pack the Microgreen salad with nuts in case she cancelled. Which she did due to work, but I am going to have lunch with another friend at Ruby Tuesdays where I can make my own salad and get a grilled chicken breast. Four days in and I am caving? No I am making healthy choices and a lifestyle change. I will be carrying my bottle of distilled mineralized water in!


Breakfast this morning was a fresh fruit plate. I had Strawberries, Blueberries, Peach and an apple. Those that know me know I don’t eat strawberries unless they are chocolate covered, blueberries only in muffins and Peach only in Margaritas! This is a big accomplishment for me. I also had Organic Plan yogurt with Honey and a slice of toast! Very filling!


By 11:15 I was getting a little hungry but that is okay. Lunch with Miss Heidi is right around the corner and I will be making Healthy choices at Ruby Tuesday.


For Lunch I had the Salad Bar (Spring Mix Baby Lettuce, Onions, green legumes, I tried a few cucumbers, nuts, carrots with oil and vinegar), grill zucchini, roasted spaghetti squash and ½ a plain chicken breast because it was so big. I was full! And I am thinking I may not need all or any of my afternoon snack other than to wash down the Alkalinize which I forgot today as I realized when I went to take it.
I got home from work only to find that my Halloween Costume had come in. That totally distracted me for a few moments and almost forgot my Alkaninize again.  However I took it and started in with dinner. On tonight’s menu was Quino with Stir-Fried Veggies and a cucumber-tomato salad. I didn’t make the cucumber salad but had the other and man on man was it good! It tasted so good! I was eating that as my son and grandparents were eating Taco Bell. It didn’t even phase me. Okay well for a brief moment when I first saw it I thought it would taste good but I stuck with the plan! It is so easy to get off track.
Today I haven’t been as hungry. I only had my almonds for my snacks in the afternoon instead of the almonds and apple. I think I may have been more bored then hungry but I had the almonds not knowing what time I would get dinner done.

The reset seems to have a calming effect on me. I can easily get aggravated if things are not going like they should (kids homework, dinner getting done, ect) but the last three days I have been calmer. Maybe it is because my body is detoxing. Maybe it is because I am trying not to stress about anything and maybe I just letting things go. Only time will tell.

I wasn’t as tired yesterday as I have been at night.  Normally by 830om I am beat and ready for bed. Dinner was easier than normal though and took less time to prepare so maybe that was it. Dinner was good and filling. However at 930pm I put a movie in and stayed up and watched it. Needless to say I only got 6hrs 43mins of rest. I awoke feeling rested and got right out of the bed at 630am.


On to Day 5 with 17 more days to go I can already see that some of these changes are things I will be doing once the reset is over. Some of the meals are good and I will continue to them long after my 21 days is over. It takes 21 days to create a habit. The only thing I a missing right now is my exercise. I want to push play. I want to go to the Barre. I want to do the new Rounds of Insanity, PiYo Strength, TurboKick and Hip Hop Hustle I have received in the mail. November 11th here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment