Sunday, April 3, 2011

How was your weekend??

Well I started it off right!!! Pure Barre after work on Friday afternoon... I remember having an instructor that I haven't had yet and thinking she is pretty good... my Abs burned the most.. They are almost just brutal to try and move...
Saturday was a long day... I missed the Barre that morning because well I couldn't get up! that and we had a 10am ballgame and needed to be there by 945 and I didn't want to be rush! bad me bad me and I didn't even put in a tape!! Well we all need a break from time to time. Saturday afternoon I played a little baseball with Cristian at the farm.. Wow I can't remember using some of the muscles I did when I played softball back in the day... my obliques are killing me today.. okay it could have been from the Barre on Friday too. it really seems like when I miss a day I am overly sore the next and one exercise is extremely harder than another..

Today at the Barre that was the case!! The instructor went with a different warm up and wow.... I had done most if not all the stuff before but it is nice to have a change.. you can tell you are working your muscles in a different way.. That is one thing I love about the Barre... No matter how many days a week you go, do the same 3 type of exercises but classes are always different! The instructor picks them from what I would call a mix and match bag... 3 thigh, 2-3 seat and Abs.. can't get enough Abs!!

Today I seemed to have a break through though.... my thighs didn't burn as much.. I say as much because they still burned but I was able to get through almost all three exercises without wanting to cry.. Time to sink one inch lower... I wish I could say that about seat though.. Normally the easiest of the 3 for me today we killer.. halfway through the first right side seat I was done... for some reason my supporting foot fell asleep so that didn't help... and then we got to the left seat... Hello Muffin Top you are fired..I could feel the burning and toning so much I thought I was going to have a major cramp in my side all night!!!
On to Abs.... I am starting to feel braver and letting go a little bit more.. well until we twist... I had already worked that muffin top and twisting to the right or left.... burn baby burn!!! Class is over.... wooh.. Glad I am came.. ok now time to run to a birthday party at the movie theater!!

As I was leaving I saw there were new victims going the next class... I always like to talk to people after class who has been there for their first time... I am hooked and I really can't see how anyone can't be...
The instructor (who I have been told don’t like red bull, but get their energy from going to classes) are great! They are encouraging and get to know you.. I always hated going to an aerobic class at my old gym (oh yeah I cancelled my gym membership after like 2 years because of Pure Barre.. I am that convinced on this) and the instructor had no clue who you were.. They were just there to teach the class. The women in class are so supportive of each other and for those of us regulars that are getting to know each other, we help each other through class! And then there is the music.. I have to have good music at all times though I find myself wanting to download everything they play in class so when I get on the elliptical at my house!

And now for the best part... I never thought I would post anything like this on a public page but I am a true believer of this... so here is a picture of me, this is me two years ago before Pure Barre and this isn't the worse one!




Sorry it is blurring but me after a month of Pure Barre

Can you see the difference...

So what are my goals for the week??
Attend at least 5 Pure Barre Classes... but I am shooting for a none stop week
I am also going to be trying this new bootcamp that I got a deal off of groupon or social living and to be honst I am not really looking forward to it.. I bought it before Pure Barred totally hooked me.

and for Cardio.. I am starting Insanity again and I have to start running!!

Best Thing to Note about the weekend... we were cleanign out the garage and packing up alot of old cloths to take to one or the thrift stores and I just had to try a pair on.. So I grabbed a pair that didn't fit when we had the garage sale soemtime late last yet.. and when I say didn't fit.. we are talking about inches from thinking about zipping.. and guess what!! I could zip them!!


No comments:

Post a Comment