Thursday, March 31, 2011

I missed classed today :(

Due to lack of slack and my older son's baseball game, I was unable to attend my Pure Barre Class today... here is my crying like a baby...

I am committing myself to some kind of exercise everyday so now would be the time that I would get to try out one of my Pure Barre DVDs.... This is where you think oh my they have DVDs too and of course she would have them!! yup I do.. All of them... :) I even have my own little cute red Pure Barre Ball!

Well the workout started just as I expected and I was totally excited!!! I know this warm up but then changed just a little bit.... the dvd (16th Street:1) using a double band. It is two tight bands that are joined together like an 8... ok this is cool.. you put them around your ankles as I suspected to create some resist.. things were going as planned until we got to the plank.. oh no the dreaded plank.. I started to cringe just thinking about.... and then the instructor says we will be here for 30 seconds.. ok my first thought was before a change.. Nope it was 30 seconds.. What.. No!! I want my 90 second plank now!! I almost had the nerve to pause it!! yeah..then a 30 second normal plank.. I almost felt like a child wanting to throw a little fit kicking and screaming! so then on to the dreaded triceps dips that weren't so bad either because the plank was alto shorter or the dips, maybe both! Oh well on to what would normally be the weight section but here they use the band which would be great if you were traveling since it is light weight and you could carry it with you! I used the band a bit but then picked up my weight.. Once again it was lacking the Pure Barre intensity that you get in class that makes you sweat within the first 5 minutes... Ok well warm-up is over.... Let's see what Thighs have to offer!!

During Thigh in class my body is crying... my thigh muscles only have to hear the word chair and they fatigue... seriously.. In the dvd they tell you to go to your support system, like a chair or wall, to being thigh.. Once again they used the double tube and I found it somewhat useless but it have just a little bit of extra resistance.. If you have larger thighs though the tube is not going to fit.. yeah mine barely did.. We started off with a thigh that I know from class but it was just lacking something... what it was like 1/2 the normally time of what just one thigh exercise is... the next thigh I knew and they also used the band.. this I like with the band because it gave a little bit of resistance that gave you more of a workout... the last one... another we have done in class.. All three were good but if I do this one again.. I will do them for twice and long...

Seat.. Once again.. 2 exercises I know.. Both used the band and I found it of no point for the first one.. I mean I don't know any resistance would help that because of your position.. The second one though.. Yeah the band just gave you that little extra...

Abs... well once again the band.... WOOH Killer Abs just like in class.. well almost.. I miss my round back, flat back series!!! But by doing that tape I learned that when we are doing our center work in class... I don't really have to hold on for dear life like I have been to the back of my thighs...

Lower back and then a stretch.. Now on to the Final Stretch.. How now.. where is my back dancing!!!

So when it was all said and done the DVD was supposed to be 45 minutes and it was only 35.. my typical calories burn during a Studio Pure Barre workout of 55 Minutes where I leave looking like I have taken a shower 400+ calories.. The DVD 35 minutes, no shower needed and 178 calories.. I will be dragging myself to class early in the AM hours no matter how much sleep I got if I have a ballgame or another event with one of my kids in the afternoon!!

For beginners to Pure Barre, yes I have only been going a little over a month and I am not a beginner, it is a good tape.. I mean you really don't know what to expect if you haven't been to a class before.... It did give good instruction and it was easy to follow.. What is was missing.... The Bubbly Red Bull Loaded Pure Barre instructors I have grown to tolerate, I say tolerate because we all know with any kind of exercise instructor it is a love/hate relationship with them… we hate them while our muscles are burning and ripping off our bodies, but we love them when we look in the mirror!!, the music that gets you going and that Pure Barre Burn…. I guess something is better than nothing and when I have to use the DVDs again I will try one of the others or modify this one… I am starting to think I might be becoming a Pure Barre Snob… Every other word out of my mouth is Pure Barre this Pure Barre that.. I even went one and one about it today after I got a massage and think I convinced the lady there she needed to come check it out and send all of her clients there that complain about how they can’t work out at the gym because of their joints…

I will be taking them on travel with me when I go if there is not a Pure Barre in the area.. Pure Barre go to St Louis, MO!!! J

Lift.Tone.Burn… That is all what Pure Barre is about and in class I feel the burn.. oh do I feel the burn…. Well tomorrow is a new day and I know I can make it to the Pure Barre Studio for my daily Burn!! I can’t wait!!!! Until then……

No comments:

Post a Comment