Wednesday, March 30, 2011

My First Month is Over!!

Today marked the end of my first month of Pure Barre..
In one month I was able to attend 20 classes which included that Ab intensive class on the 1st day of spring.. It was a killer!! 75 minutes of Pure Barre!! I am ready for the next one..

Well in one month I have seen the change and become a believer. I had instructor ask me after about 12 classes if I had noticed any changes yet.. Oh yeah!! the biggest thing for my I notice is my inner Thigh.. yes I said inner Thigh. You not that horrible place that woman can't make smaller once it becomes bigger!! I have notice a change there!! I should run now and schedule all my classes for the next 3 months because they are going to fill up fast now that the secret is out! That is not all.. My thighs are getting thinner, my calves more defined and my upper arms...Well bring on tank top season!

Two I can honestly say is the first day that I have thought.. I really don;t want to go to Pure Barre Yesterday.. You see yesterday I had this bright idea that I would go train with MikeE and then go to Pure Barre.. back to back... yeah yeah not one of my better ideas! With MikeE we worked arms and Abs... so Pure Barre worked my lower section and Abs so it was a total body workout for me for about an hour and a half yesterday. Today however was a struggle...
After working out arms I never realized how much we really use our arms in Pure Barre... pulling off of the barre to do thighs.. wow hello shoulders and biceps.. The warm up was of course challenging as always..

So back to today.. My triceps hurt like they haven't hurt in a while and getting out of a chair where my abs have to move... Ouch!!! I was determined to make it to class today so about half way through my day I had to look and see who the instructor was and that kept me motivated to go.. I am a creature of habit and like all the instructors because they are so bubbly and drink lots of red bull I believe, but I do have my favorites and today was one of them!! So I get to class and find one of my best friends there... All through our dancing years she was like a little sister to me! She still looks great and is still super sweet! She said she hadn't been in two weeks and this was gonna hurt... okay I had to laugh because I was like yeah it is.. but you will love it!!

We stood by each other during the warm up and both started laughing when we got to the plank... the plank is all about mind of your abs burning... the feeling of them stretching long and becoming tighter kind of feels like someone paying tug of war with your ab muscles.. by now you are thinking why do you do this... because it is making me stronger and healthier to be able to enjoy my children more!
Back to class.. well we ended up across the room from each other but we could tell how each other was doing by facial expressions... We did two thigh exercises.. before facing the bar for that last exercise. At this point my muscles start to shake before we even find out what we are doing.. we had already kneed danced and burned up our thighs.. as I awaited those awful words..sink into chair, I started to think why am I hear again?? of course then I noticed one of the instructors and it was easy to refocus!! I rejoiced when the words chair did not come out of her mouth!!

Seat.. well that was next but before that we got that all important stretch and I could feel myself getting closer to my splits again!! Seat... That Junk in you Trunk... good bye... They really should play that song while we are going seat.. or baby got back!! we work the left side, my weaker side and then off to the right.... half way through the exercise I though my hamstrings just weren't going to make it.. the instructor came by to give me some pointers on balance.. I smiled nicely and got back into position.. honestly it had nothing to do with balance but that I really thought that right hamstring wasn't going to make it.. I was squeezing my seat but my seat hurt all the way down from my hamstrings..

Abs.. ok I was done.. down and inch, up and inch, down and inch.. reminds me of a new Britney Song!!

Class was over..... and all I could think of was how glad I was I came and how I couldn't wait to come in the morning....  However once I was home and laid on the couch a few minutes and tried to get up I wasn't so sure about that.. sore abs=tighter bikini abs.. okay if you see me in a bikini you know I have lost all oxygen to my brain!!

Well tomorrow starts my second month of Pure Barre and I am still as excited about it and that is a record!!

Their Grand Opening is coming up and hopefully by then I will be able to fit into a dress that I haven't in almost a year.... makes me want to go try it on right now... later!

No comments:

Post a Comment