Monday, April 4, 2011

Tornado Warnings!! Twisted.Toned.Burned!!

Well as the weather started getting bad today it was time to go to the Barre… Little did I know as I was leaving work the storm was approaching mush faster than the weather men had expected it too.. I barely got to I565 from work when I got an email canceling all afternoon classes at Pure Barre..  It was a sad day but only a minute or two later I got the text from the NWS for a Tornado Warning for Huntsville and then I could hear the sirens… so Maybe Pure Barre wasn't the place to be... 3 walls of windows and the inside wall is covered in mirrors!! I was willing to go to class though if they had it!!  I quickly turned on the radio and hear, it is on 565 headed into Huntsville.. Great.. Yeah the sky behind me was solid black. I called my dad immediately because I knew he would be watching the weather. He said it was in Decatur and quickly into South Huntsville.. Great right where I was headed.. Since class was cancelled I was headed home.. I called my Little Weatherman, Cristian is obsessed with the Weather and had it on his laptop watching it downstairs and he said I had plenty of time to get home but the sirens were going off.. Got to love it, getting advice about where the Tornado that is going to blow me away is from an 8 year old! I researched the Parkway and Meredith from Pure Barre called to make sure I knew that class was cancelled for the night! How sweet is that!! She had the sweet tone if her voice but also that fear you can here from people that are not from around here.. You see us HuntsVegas Natives are used to the crazy spring weather..... of course it might have been fear but the sound of being on speaker phone!! See we have the best instructors at the Studio here. About the time I got home I it started raining!! And my first question is why aren’t you all in the bathroom, they just said on the news it is crossing the parkway… No it’s not.. Turn on Dan… Yeah they said the storm was on Carl T and was almost to Target… Duh!! So I went on the back porch to watch it and made the kids get in the bathroom.. Seriously, I have an unhealthy obsession with storms.. While at Auburn we would get into a truck/suv and go look for it.. The things we do in college…
This picture is of the 1989 Tornado path that hit where Pure Barre is located...
Well No Pure Barre class for me today but I was determined to get my lift.tone.burn in…. Yeah Goals… I wasn’t sure all day how I was going to be able to do class today… either playing baseball got me this weekend or more than likely we really worked our obliques yesterday. All day it hurt to turn, laugh or sneeze.. Thanks Madeline!! I know it was class yesterday.. Never have I felt it so much in my obliques and muffin top!! J It is a good thing though, I just could laugh all day..
So with no class today and it raining cats and dogs I had to settle for the next best thing.. Pure Barre Lowry Lofts:2 DVD.. I must say this DVD was 10 times better than the other one I tried the other day, 1th street:1.  What I liked.. the thigh exercises were better in this one and the seat.. all of them were things I had done in class! What I didn’t like, once again it wasn’t  the 45 minutes it promised, the music was less than exciting and the taping was a little awkward!  This one was much better though I just expect a lot more out of the DVDs.. They are something good to take on travel or when a Tornado is going to blow away the studio…  I can’t wait to get back to class tomorrow!! And Today I remembered.. This week is their grand opening… I have my highest pair of high heels, 6 inches to be exact, ready and now to find a dress suitable for the Big Event!!
And to all my Huntsville friends out there… If you would like to give Pure Barre a try send me an email, text…  You can join me on Fridays at 4:15 for the month of April!!!! I just have to get you signed up for the class!!!  I have never felt so good!!!! And you will be totally hooked once you go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment