Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Burn..Lift..Burn.. Tone.. and did I say Burn

Well after being away from Pure Barre 2 days I was so excited to return today!!  I was even more pumped after Meredith and Katie were on the air this morning on 97.7 the Zone with Cole Cubelic… The men were obsessed with the thought that this was an all women’s class and wanted to know more about it…. They kept asking how many dudes were coming and wouldn’t that be a great place for a single guy to workout..  I was laughing so hard.. At one point they had one of the guys doing a thigh exercise…  That went on for about 30 seconds and he was beat.. Bring on the Men.. I really think they would all cry like a Baby!!!

So I enter class tonight ready to go… and almost like she is talking to me Katie says if you have been to more than 15 classes, get two sets of weights one light and one heavier….. oh ok.. I needed that little push. I have been using 3lbs weights for a month and need the push to go to 5lbs… you might be thinking, that is not heavy.. If you are… I DARE YOU to come to Class and pick up the 5lbs weights and do the warm up!!!

So we start class like always and the move to the floor to continue the warm-up yeah like a minute and a half in….and the dreaded ball comes out.. I have notice in the last two weeks, since the first day of spring intensive class the warm up changes from time to time, Which I just think is great because I could do the old one in my sleep.. Well I could tell you what it was and was getting pretty good at it but change is good… I honestly thought I wasn’t going to make it through Abs though to the Plank… yes the dreaded 1/5 minute plank with the ball.. I need to practice this more because I feel so uncoordinated doing it! And full body push ups.. Really can’t remember if we used the ball because I was getting over bootcamp and all the arm stuff from yesterday.. on to weights… Oh my… Triceps ok… Pick up the easier weight.. I think I made it almost the whole way through before I had to go back to the lighter ones.. It was past that burn point!!

Time for Thigh… First I have to say I am glad Katie had a good trip home and made it back safe but half way through thigh I was thinking something totally different!!  I have never been so excited not to do chair either!! WOOH!! We faced the Barre then to the side with the ball.. Go to your highest Pair of High Heels…. Yeah I was but I guess Ms Katie didn’t think so… That is what I get for walking into the studio (not on the carpet) with 4 inch heels on.. Well last thigh exercise… Wooh…
Time to stretch.. only I couldn’t stretch.. My thighs have NEVER burned so bad when trying to stretch I really did not think I was going to be able too!! On to seat..

For some reason the past few classes seat has been really hard for me… I can feel  it in my seat but in my muffin top, lower side back.. Not sure if I am doing something wrong or I am just working those muscles now.. yeah it had always done it but lately it seems worse.. Maybe I should ask about that..hmmm

Abs… ok Abs… How do you burn just thinking about Abs.. I hope I can laugh tomorrow because I am having lunch with a good friend and will need to laugh without crying.. yeah I know.. Great Workout and can’t wait to see the Girls in the Morning.. I have to make it to the 6am class because I am going to the Firm Body Bootcamp tomorrow though I won’t be able to laugh when Mr GQ trainer says you want to look better naked…
Well I got home from class, cooked some veggies and then attempted to do TurboFire to get some cardio on.. I made it 20 minutes of the tape I picked which was 55 minutes I think… I couldn’t take it anymore..

I am so looking forward to the weekend…. Pure Barre’s Grand Opening is Saturday Night and I have the best High Heels Picked out to wear.. Now to find something to wear with them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment