Tuesday, April 5, 2011

LOOK BETTER NAKED

Now that I have your attention!!!


It's official,  I have missed two days of Pure Barre in a row..... WOW!! I am having withdraws and tomorrow is going to hurt..

So what did I do today.. on 2/18/2011 I bought a Groupon to Firm body Fitness.. It meets in Big Spring Park 3 days a week... 2 during the week and one during the weekend! After watching the orientation video I was a little worried about going… The trainer looked like he spent hour in front of the mirror getting ready!!!  Yes a man that spends more time getting ready to go somewhere then I do worries me!! But I had two weeks to use that were quickly running out and these next two weeks with Spring Break and little balls games made this the two weeks!

So when I got there to the Park.. There was pretty boy! If he reads this I will probably be in so much trouble!! Anyways.. The setup… TRX Straps, Bands like I have never seen bands before, 10lb medicine balls (the kinds that you can throw and smash), Kettlebells and then we had to bring a mat! Ok I am excited…. This is going to be good… This is a coed camp.. we had 3 dudes to like 15ish chicks.. So a nice size crowd! I would say that the ages were from 28-45 and most of the women looked like they were in pretty good shape.. There was a few of us that weren’t quit as skinny but I mean some of them graduated high school in like 2000 I heard them.. and have no kids.. So there!!!

We started off with a warm up.. al ittle cardio work like butt kicks, seal jacks (and here I thought Joe invented those) body weight squats, and a little stretching that was easier than normally for me… I can really tell that Pure Barre is helping bring my flexibility back! I love it!! I feel 100 times better now!!

Ok on to the workout.. It consisted of doing an exercise from 30 seconds and then rest for 15 seconds and there were stations. Typical for a group exercise program like bootcamp…. You did an exercise and then another repeating it 2x before going to a different station…. Up right rows, over head press with the bands, TRX pulls working the upper back, medicine ball slams working the Abs, Kettlebell suitcase squats and then my favorite.. Pushups.. Full body.. None of those sissy knee pushups!!! Then everything was repeated one time before we got a water break… Then it was partner time….. grab a band and go up to the hill…  Great Chariot Races I knew where this was going.. and up a hill… Wow!

My partner was a little girl that looked like she was maybe 23, yeah I know I said 28, but she was really young or I am really old…don’t answer that! Yup.. we did chariot races up the hill and then across the field backwards, more squats and then a sprint and finished up with some Abs work before stretching.. The girl did ask me if it was my first time there and I said yes. And then did you get this deal off of Groupon.. Yes I did, I needed something to add to my program! She said she did too and last week was her first day. She said a lot of people were there with the Deal and they never saw them again.. I mean really people it is only 6 class… 45 minutes a day.. You sign up for a bootcamp and you think it is going to be easy!!!

So after Abs we stretched and man cold I tell the difference.. My knee nose went to both knees and I could lay flat on the ground. Even my cobra stretch was a lot higher.. Maybe I needed those two days off from Barre…. I can’t wait to go back to Barre tomorrow.. it is going to hurt..

So what didn’t I like about class… Water..  You should be able to get it when you need it.. If you are working hard you might need it after 3 or 4 exercises… My breathing got harder because my mouth was so dry! The next thing.. the music!! It was okay but I like more upbeat dance type music and he was more into the metal/rock stuff!! Other than that it was good..485 calories burned in 45 minutes.. I am for sure go to the next classes but.. MikeE kicks my butt just the same and at least he lets me have water..

Don’t get me wrong I enjoyed it and it was really tough and I know I will be sore tomorrow! And it is something I may add in from time to time....

If you want to check it out they have a deal where you can get a week free…
http://firmbodybootcamps.com/splash.php
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=722crH3Bme8&feature=related

So where did the Look Better Naked come from… From their website….
SIGNUP! and get THE 4 MOST IMPORTANT FACTORS TO LOSE BODY FAT AND LOOK BETTER NAKED (YOU'LL BE SURPRISED TO HEAR THAT CARDIO IS THE LEAST IMPORTANT FACTOR!!!)

And the instructor said that during the session…Look Better Naked and I just laughed… That is the least of my concerns.. why not.. Look better in your blue jeans!! I guess you don’t get the say effect from that!

Well back to the Barre for me tomorrow!! I can’t wait to see the Girls and I think Katie is back and teaching my class tomorrow.. I am super excited!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment