Monday, April 25, 2011

It is still burning.....

Well Let’s see what I have been up to see my last Blog… A whole lot I am sure since it has been a while. In two weeks, I have gotten Ms Heidi hooked on  Pure Barre and got to watch Mr Scary Bootcamp Man Mr Joe Martin take a Pure Barre Class.. I have done a litte insanity and well last week decided to join bootcamp again since a new session was starting up!!
Well it has been 2 months since Pure Barre came to town and I am still finding it just as challenging as the first day that I went. Well things have gotten “easier” but that just means that I can push myself harder or dig a little deeper! Down one more inch.. okay enough of that because my thighs hurt just thinking about it!! The Chair is still the one thing I just hate to hear in class though I am not longer a fan of that little red ball.. Yeah yeah you think it is just some kind of cute little red ball with no weights that you can hold between your thighs… Whoever told you that is telling you a story!! The “new” warm-up ok we have been doing it for three weeks or longer now is a total killer with that little red ball.. the plank seems virtually impossible now a days!  Last week during one of the classes Meredith, the sweet owner that you think couldn’t harm a fly, said these words “I have some new stuff for you today”…. I have never wanted to walk out of class before it started so bad. I knew this was not going to be easy and I wasn’t really sure I was up for the task! I can only remember 4th position and the other I must have blocked out all together!  I remember my thighs were burning burning burning… oh how I wish I could remember the other one..
Well today Bootcamp started back and we had Intro to Bootcamp today…. At 510amI left my house to get to camp on time and try to get my measurements taken.. I left the house. Took a right and then a left and before I knew it I was at Pure Barre.. Oh yeah they are not open in the early hours on Monday morning.. I finally made it to bootcamp. Just as I remembered… But something had changed.. Where had the good music gone! Joe really…. We need the music and we need to be able to hear it!! From bootcamp, to work to the Barre this Afternoon.. I honestly did not want to go but I knew I would feel much better after I went so I put my big girl panties on and went to class. Can we say Hot Barre not Pure Barre. I always like when Meredith or Katie teach because the studio is warm and your muscles are protected from injury more but they stay warmed up too!! Of course the means you are going to be soaking when you leave class. Today we had several newbies in the class and man you could tell.. Ok I know I was there just a few months ago.  Sometimes I really want to run over and tell them or show them what they are doing wrong but that is just in my nature! Over the past two weeks I have been able to do round back and not have to hold onto my leg anymore with a death grip! Well at least one we are only using one leg.. both are still in need of help!

Well time for me to wrap it up… Pure barre in the morning and some Insanity tomorrow afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment