Wednesday, February 4, 2015

My Thoughts During Day 23 at the Barre

On Day 23 of the 60 Day Pure Barre Challenge I walk into class to see a friend from High School. I started to say old friend, but we are not old. She told me that all my post on facebook about what day I was on in the Challenge inspired here to come back... No Pressure to look like I am totally sore and can't move. 

So here we go.....
Warm-up begins and I am determined to not look like I haven't been doing this for the past 23 days straight :)

We get to that awful 90 second planks.. The one were we hold it FOREVER!!!! I am determined to hold it for at least 30 second at the beginning and not end.. Kay I made it maybe 15 seconds before going to my knees and the back up for the last 10 seconds. 

Here are the differences in the planks and the muscles you use, It seems that on your knees actually works alot more muscles!



Maybe I should try the not on my knees more often.

Time for Thighs.. Take you Ball to the Barre.. but we don't need it for the first Thigh exercise.. 

It was that dreading back to the Barre Chair position hold for a good 3 minutes.. It could be longer because it seemed like forever, but I made it almost all the way through.. Here is what I mean without the double tubes but sometimes we use them.


Thigh continued with 2 more thigh exercises. and by the third one my thighs were screaming.

A Short stretch and back for Seat. 

And this is where it got funny. Place the Ball high between your inner thighs.. Okay now I took measurements last night, Right Thigh 30inches, Left Thigh 29.50 inches which means that ball just doesn't fit unless my knees are a little farther apart then anyone else in class. This is what is was supposed to look like:

That didn't happen. I ended up putting down the ball so I could focus..

Thighs done Check
Seat done check
Abs.. Here we go Check

Class 23 in the books!! Day 24 is coming......



No comments:

Post a Comment