Thursday, February 5, 2015

Ab Work on Day 24.....


I came to a few realizations yesterday while doing Abs work under the Barre yesterday.

Not only couldn't I do round back due to the difficulty of having my legs at table top, three quarters length and then full extented, Flat Back was just hard.

Now what do I mean by Round back... here is what it looks like sometimes


You are in a curved C shape and you are working your lower Abs. We move our legs but that is to come from the Abs moving and not the hip flexors... Well that is what the instructors say :)

I normally love Round back because we do use one leg at a time and it gives a really good stretch. This is the first place that I see my flexibility come back every time I come back to the Barre.

When we got to Flat back I came to this totally realization... My thighs are just too big at the top to hold my knees together.. Okay maybe it was because I was on day 24 but even trying ot hold me legs together killed my thighs, hip flexors and nothing to do with my Abs. Flat Back is all about pressing your back all the way to the wall and breathing, pulling your Abs closer and closer to the wall each time.


Pure Barre is a 55 minute class that by holding your hips tucked under the whole time you are literally working your Abs all the time.... 

If you haven't tried it you should, If you have let me know what you think..

Today is Day 25 of 60....



No comments:

Post a Comment