Friday, March 13, 2015

60 Days at the Barre...

So for me the 60 Day Barre Challenge is over..

Granted I only missed one day because the studio was closed due to Ice, I did take an intensive that counted for 2 classes of I still had 60 classes in 60 days... Oh my...

What have  I learned?

First there are alot of little muscles in your body that we don't regularly work. before coming back to the Barre in January I had been doing crossfit since February 2014. At the end of September 2014 I did start to have some problems with my feet that turned out to be tendinitis in my Achilles which kept me from going to my crossfit workouts only a handful of times between October and January because of the pain I would be in the next day.  Yes I was sore after my Barre workouts, but even after putting on lets say 40+lbs since the last time I really did Barre.. I could finish a class and feel proud of myself when I did.


After 60 days of Barre I still can not hold a plank for the full 90 seconds. I think some of this is more I may need to take a few days off and let my body totally rest and see what happens. I will soon.. like in a week when I get a massage lol

During my last class of the Challenge I was able to hold the "chair" position for almost the full time. My typical chair pulled of the Barre is more like a water ski. Yesterday I was able to go all the way down to the chair and just let my legs shake. I did have to raise up a few times but this was such a big improvement.

During Side seat, I was able to hold my leg up higher and for longer. I could feel the muscles working all the way up into my muffin top. I have noticed over the last couple of classes that when we work seat, either side or back, that I am able to hold my leg up higher. I was even able to do the dreaded fire hydrate exercise the other day better than I have before..

All in all I love Barre.. So now that the Challenge is over what is next?

I will continue to go to Barre. I was to hit my 500 class this year.. I am at 270 classes with 294 days left in the year with 5-6 Holidays in there so it is totally doable..


I really need to start working on what I am eating so I can truly have that Pure Barre Body.

So my plan. I am going to do the 3 Day Refresh from Beachbody starting tomorrow and the after that I am going to start the 21 Day fix. With the 21 day fix plus my Barre workouts I should get to my goal!!!


Well it is almost time for today's intensive seat class. I am not sure what I was thinking when I signed up for it.  #LTB #purebarrehuntsville #60daychallenge #21dayfix #3dayrefresh


No comments:

Post a Comment