Thursday, May 7, 2015

My Struggle Part 2

In an effort to tell you about myself I have decided to break my story into pieces so that you don;'t have to read this really long post... So here is Part to of My Struggle.

2007 had to be the worse year of my life so far.

I filed for divorce from my husband with 2 babies ( ages 1.5 and 4.5). My Sister (half-sister but the only sibling I had) passed away days before our birthday. We shared the same birthday. She was born very prematurely when I was 8 years old and died just short of her 20th birthday. It was only by God's grace that she was here with us so long, but it still hurt. By the end of 2007 after months of fighting over custody, my ex-husband and I agreed on an custody agreement. Looking back now I wish I would have fought it longer and not backed down from what I really wanted since there was no way he was getting help.

So at the start of 2008, Here I am now. An overweight single mother that at the time was forced to move back in at home with the grandparents who raised me due to my financial situation. My ex-husband and left me with a mountain of debt, I had drained everything I put into my kids savings just to keep the house we had bought midway through 2006 from going into foreclosure and every credit that I had in my name was maxed out. Sure part of it was my fault. I didn't know how to say no and sometimes I just felt like I needed things. We has purchased a new house before we separated and there were things we needed for that house and once I figured out why he was really taking money out of the checking account and removed him from it so we could pay our bills, giving a drug addict a credit card with  a high available balance was not a good idea. I found out the hard way a drug addict will do anything to get money for his fix.

Anyways on to happier day and how to deal with it. Now a single mom on one income with a mountain of debt I was totally lost. I stopped exercising and eating right and the weight came right back on. I tried focusing on my kids, my faith and working to pay off the debt.

That fall my oldest son started kindergarten..  That November I went to a parent night out auction at his school and won (bought) 4 personal training sessions. I went and was hooked... after those 4 were over I signed up for more. Now this wasn't at a gym, but at a place at that was all they did... There I started to find my strength and love for exercise again!!

2009 was going to be a whole new year for me....





No comments:

Post a Comment